The Edinburgh Cup will be played in accordance with applicable sections of the FIFA rules and the SYFA rules. When subject to interpretation of FIFA rules or regulations, the English text applies.
* Participating teams must belong to a club or
academy that is
a registered with its national FIFA
affiliated association. In countries where school teams affiliated to their
school football association compete, the school teams that are registered with
the national football association are also allowed to participate. All players
must belong to the club they are playing for. Please note that players cannot
belong to a club from a country where the player is not residing.
* The teams are divided into groups of five where
all the teams will meet in a round robin series. The order among the teams will
be decided according to points
points will be awarded for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss.
If two or more teams have the same number of points, the order will be decided
1. Goal difference
2. Highest number of goals scored
3. Results in the match(es) between teams with equal points (head to head)
4. Penalty shoot-out according to the FIFA rules
All play knock-out games will be decided by the cup system, i.e. by direct elimination. A draw in the knock-out will be decided by penalty kicks according to the FIFA rules.
* No team may use more than 18 players in a match, 11 players on the field and 7 substitutes. A substituted player may reenter in the match. Substitutions can be done without stopping the game. Notice that the game has to be stopped and the referee has to be informed at the substitution of a goalkeeperll substitutions should be done within the technical area of the team. If there is no technical area the substitution should be made at the centre line. The player that will be substituted has to leave the field before the new player can enter the field. Incorrect substitutions will be punished with a yellow card.
* It is permitted to use a player from the same club in several teams but not in the same age class. This player has to be on the participant list of all teams he/she will play for. There is no maximum number of players on the participant list.
* At 4-a-side unlimited number of players can be used during a single match, but only 4 can be on the playing field simultaneously.
* At 5-a-side unlimited number of players can be used during a single match, but only 5 can be on the playing field simultaneously.
* At 7-a-side unlimited number of players can be used during a single match, but only 7 can be on the playing field simultaneously
In all 11- a
this only applies to 11-a-side categories. For 7-a-side, no dispensation will
automatically be granted. Dispensations for maximum 1 (one) player in 7-a-side
teams can be applied by contacting The Edinburgh Cup office. Note that in
11-a-side categories you can`t have more than two over aged players on the
players list, i.e. you can`t switch them between matches. Girls may play in
boys teams in all age categories as long as the regulations for age categories
The organization committee has the right to change the groups (until 31st July), times and fields.
Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field. The Edinburgh Cup does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, theft or damage to property. Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with Scotland must have personal medical insurance.
PLEASE DO NOT KEEP ANY MONEY OR VALUABLES IN FACILITY CHANGING ROOMS.
|Boys U7`s - Born Jan 1st 2013 and after|
|Boys U8`s - Born Jan 1st 2012 and after|
|Boys U9`s - Born Jan 1st 2011 and after|
|Boys U10`s - Born Jan 1st 2010 and after|
|Boys U11`s - Born Jan 1st 2009 and after|
|Boys U12`s - Born Jan 1st 2008 and after|
|Boys U13`s - Born Jan 1st 2007 and after|
|Boys U14`s - Born Jan 1st 2006 and after|
|Boys U15`s - Born Jan 1st 2005 and after|
|Boys U16`s - Born Jan 1st 2004 and after|
|Boys U17`s - Boys born Jan 1st 2003 and afte|
|Boys Under 10`s (2010s) - 7`sides (Saturday 3rd August)|
|Boys U10`s - Born Jan 1st 2010 and after|
|Girls U15`s - Born on or after 1st Jan 2004 or before 31st December 2007|
|Girls U13`s - Born on or after 1st Jan 2006 or before 31st December 2009|
|Girls U11`s - Born Jan 1st 2009 and after|
|Girls U9`s - Born Jan 1st 2011 and after|
|Age||Groups / Game||Times / Finals|
|7-a-sides||20 minutes||Girls U13s Only - 20 minutes|
|11-a-sides||28 Minutes||2x 25 Minutes|